
I have four kids, two are in high school and the other two in elementary. I usually make sure that I have time for my kids so as much as possible I try to go home straight after work, to be with them and to help them in their assignments. If I am not around, my brother and sisters sometimes helped me with the kids' school work. I still help my kids review for major exams, particularly during finals.
But they're getting better now as they grow and are coping up with the way things are going. I don't know why, for they kept in talking, laughing, playing while reviewing especially my youngest and eldest sons. In short they sometimes mixed up playing with studying. They kept telling me that they need to rest for they're tired, that they need to watch their favorite tv show, play computers, etc. They have all the the reasons on earth....lol.
And to keep up with the role of being a mom, I helped them review for their periodical examination and did reviewers for them too. But there's this funny experience I had with them, there's a poem which my son have to memorized. To make it easier for him to memorize it easily, at first I let him skim it and then recite it. Then the other way is I wrote the poem but I emptied the other words as in I made it blank.
As I've been doing this, I didn't noticed that I had memorize the poem already. And so while he was reciting the poem, am also taking part. It was really a sort of precious moment for me, a quality bonding moment. Even my youngest son kept smiling at me, seems amused that I was able to memorized the poem . Ha ha ha, if only he knew that he have to memorized much longer than this in the future ;)
It's never an easy task but I have been surviving all through the years.With that I want to share with you the poem that my son taught me in return:
The Little Plant
In the heart of a seed,
Buried deep, so deep,
A dear little plant,
Lay fast asleep.
"Wake," said the sunshine,
"And creep to the light."
"Wake," said the voice
Of the raindrops bright.
The little plant heard,
And it rose to see,
What a wonderful sight,
The outside world might be.
No comments:
Post a Comment